Friday 17 August 2012

Meet the Members!

Welcome to the Anything Goes Quilting Bee!

The bee starts in September with the first fabric packages being sent out by Anna Ryan of Quilting Along the Grain.

Until then we thought you might like to meet the 12 members of the bee who will be swapping fabric, sharing tutorials and sharing stories. Every few days a different member of the bee will be introducing themselves.

As the organiser and sender of the first blocks in September I thought I had better introduce myself!

Me and Midi Monster!

My name is Anna Ryan and I am a long time quilter based in Tetbury, England - it is the town closest to Prince Charles's country residence, Highgrove!

I have been quilting for 16 years and I am extremely enthusiastic about all things fabric, quilting and sewing. I have been many things in the past and have many life experiences, but quilting has always been there!

I am now a single parent to 3 boys, and I teach sewing skills to adults and children across the Gloucestershire.  I teach vulnerable adults for the County as well as private lessons. In my spare time I am a Scout leader - Cubs and Mini Scouts (can't use the proper title,you would not believe the spam emails I get!).

I wanted to start the bee to meet other quilter from around the world and to make a quilt that would have a contribution from people with the same passion as me!

Really looking forward to our journey over the next 12 months!


3 comments:

  1. It's lovely to meet you Anna. ;) I hope you can all be patient with me. Looks like I'm the only non blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to meet you Anna! I can't wait to start this amazing journey. I live in Arkansas, I've never known anyone from England.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anna, thanks so much for setting all of this up. How do we contribute to this blog?

    ReplyDelete