Sunday 19 August 2012

Hello!

Hello there!

I'm Helen and I'm December's block. I'm really looking forward to taking part in a quilting bee, I've watched the progress of many on Flickr and the web and wondered how people know when they're going on. I guess it just takes one person to get a ball rolling - thank you Anna!

I'm a stay-at-home-Mum originally from Birmingham now living in Kent in the UK. I'm married to a lovely Kiwi chappie called Scott and have two, (occasionally), adorable little monkeys aged 7 and 5. I blog at findahappyplace. I've been patchworking on and off ever since my grandmother taught me to sew when I was about 12. Usually only small projects, I didn't complete an actual quilt until my daughter was born. After that hand-pieced, hand-quilted odyssey I decided to get a machine!

Me and my monkeys
I still love paper-piecing but feel the need to get out of my fairly simple comfort zone for machine piecing. I'm really excited about learning some new skillz and hopefully making some new quilting friends! Really looking forward to getting to know you all.

Helen
x

No comments:

Post a Comment