Thursday, 1 November 2012
It's my month and I was going to be so organised! Then last week I was sorting my fabrics from my stash (I had decided I wasn't going to buy any fabric for my bee blocks) and discovered I didn't have enough of any one colour for the background and the pattern would only work if I gave you all the same! An emergency order from the wonderful Justine at Simply Solids means I now have the fabric I need but am a day behind with getting things sorted. I hope to get the block instructions online tonight though and fabrics posted out tomorrow to those in the UK and Monday to those overseas.
So this is a bit of a 'sorry' post - but I will wet your appetite with a taste of the fabrics you'll be getting, more on these in the instructions post:
I have finally finished my October block for Jessica. I was really late starting as the fabric arrived whilst I was on holiday so it was already 20th October before I could start. I decided I would just make one more complicated block (we could make one or two) and I picked one called Tradewinds as I used to live in a flat in a block called Tradewinds so it seemed appropriate! I had some trouble with my corner points so some are slightly flat but hopefully the overall effect is good - it'll be on the way across the Atlantic very soon.
Whilst I'm posting I also wanted to share with something else I'd been working on - using a couple of charm packs I bought from the talented Karen at Blueberry Park who designs and prints her own fabrics. I spent ages practising my half square triangles for this - hope I've cracked them now:
Karen suggested I make it into a mat for a table centre and I think that'll be great, just need to work out what fabric I can use for binding and backing.
I'll be back tonight with instructions and I'll use my camera rather than my phone for the photos next time!